Thursday 12 May 2011

Artist spotlight: Keaton Henson

I was just introduced to this artist's work through a fellow student's blog. Which means I know that you, the people reading this blog, have probably already seen all this. Well tough, this is what you get for making us do this.

I think something that always attracts me to an artist I'd their line-work. I've noticed that it's something many artists lack, especially my contemporaries. Sometimes I'll watch someone draw and feel an inner wince as they have little control over the lines, they'll be all scratchy, ragged and quite frankly, ugly.

Henson's line work is beautiful; there's the perfect balance between simple line and shading. There will be colour when it's needed, some times it's a tiny amount, like on the tips of fingers. It works magnificently.










Henson has some very particular motifs that he draws often and make his work all the more memorable and stylistic: triangles, all seeing eyes (as seen on the American dollar) hands, big heads with small faces in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment