Friday 11 March 2011

The inspiration of mini books

Recently I stumbled across the work of a very talented artist by the name of Elsa Moran. As well as paper cutting and painting, she mades gorgeous little miniature books that are beautifully presented.






'flower vision' is a one of a kind book with four handmade little papercuts. It ties up with ribbon and is kept in a wonderfully decorated little box.




This book is like an elaborate illustration, in essence it's just two pictures, but by being presented in a book it gives it a whole new meaning. It adds a narrative-esque feel, the sensation of the people's stories being told.







Perhaps my favourite of all her miniature creations; a tiny city hidden away in the guise of an equally small book. The papercutting is very delicate and beautiful.

I find her work very inspiring. It makes me want to make my books more refined and generally better made. The subject matter will be different, but I'd like the quality to be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment