Thursday 3 February 2011

Artist spotlight: Tom Gauld









I first came across Tom Gauld's work during my national diploma, so about 4 or 5 years ago. I was flicking through the Guardian As it was a good source to find good illustration (and sometimes just good photos)

I started collecting his weekly comics whenever I could find them (I wasn't quite prepared to buy the guardian then, I wasn't as in to newspapers as I am now)

In the second year of my national diploma, the visual communication group (illustration and graphic design) went on a trip to London and especially Magma bookshop. There they had some of Gauld's mini comics and I DIDN'T BUY THEM. AND NOW THEY'RE SOLD OUT EVERYWHERE AND YOU SIMPLY CAN'T BUY THEM NOW.
Artistically, it's been a pretty big regret for me, but it made me decide if there was ever an art book I wanted, I should buy it. Oh life lessons, you are so cruel.

No comments:

Post a Comment